Welcome to Canberra Region Presbytery
About the Uniting Church in Australia
The Uniting Church is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. We are connected by a single story, worshipping every week in more than 40 languages.
We are a fellowship of reconciliation, living God’s love and acting for the common good to build a just and compassionate community.
The Synod of NSW and the ACT consists of 50,000 members and 14 Presbyteries. Our Congregations and members are diverse in age, location and culture.
We are connected by a single story, worshipping every week in more than 40 languages.
What is our calling?
As a people journeying together we affirm our calling under God to:
- preach Christ the crucified and risen one and confess him as Lord
- bear witness to the unity of faith and life in Christ, rising above cultural, economic, national and racial boundaries
- engage in fearless prophetic ministry in relation to social evils which deny God’s active will for justice and peace
- act with God alongside the oppressed, the hurt and the poor
- accept responsibility for the wise use and conservation of the finite resources of this earth for the benefit of all
- recognise, treasure and use the gifts of the Spirit given to all God’s people for ministering
- live a creative, adventurous life of faith, characterised by openness, flexibility, hope and joy (based on a statement from the inaugural worship service of the Uniting Church in Australia, June 1977).